Here is our list of funny Irish sayings to remind you of Ireland.
- When Irish eyes are smiling they are usually up to something.
- The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scotts as a joke, but the Scotts haven’t seen the joke yet.
- God is good to the Irish, but no one else is; not even the Irish.
- Every St. Patrick’s Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.
- The Irish are a very fair people, they never speak well of one another.
- God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.
- May the cat eat you, and may the devil eat the cat.
- Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.
- The Irish don’t know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it.
- You know it’s summer in Ireland when the rain gets warmer.
- The Irish ignore anything they can’t drink or punch.
- Wherever you go and whatever you do, May the luck of the Irish be there with you.
- If you’re lucky enough to be Irish, then you’re lucky enough.
- Under the English legal system you are innocent until you are shown to be Irish.
- What’s the use of being Irish if the world doesn’t break your heart ?
Feel free to share your funny Irish sayings in the comments section.